Tuesday, March 22, 2011

40 Weeks into my Pregnancy

Mum came to visit this week, I’m hoping that this little rascal would come whilst mum’s still here.
I’m worried though, what if she doesn’t come on her due date – the people at the clinic still recons that I’m three weeks earlier in the pregnancy. Doesn’t it get more dangerous for the baby the further you go over your time? I just pray that she’ll come out in time.
Finally I could go for a walk, with mum here I can be assured if something happens on the walk, there will be someone by my side if something has to happen. I’ve been both more active and more tired this week, I took advantage of mum being here to go for walks, but I practically had to have a nap every day for about an hour and a half, then I’d still feel like I haven’t slept for days.
Tigger and Mischiff have been acting quite differently towards me this week, it’s like they are iron and my stomach is a huge magnet, they simply can’t get enough of me!
My heart’s broken! Early Wednesday morning I got up to go sleep in the lounge since I got too hot in the room – Tigger had just come in from outside and was sleeping at our feet along with Mischiff. I rubbed him and then went off to the lounge. When I woke up later to get Will ready for work, Tigger wasn’t there – so I figured he’d come when I give nice-foodies to Mischiff; I called to him but nothing. I should’ve closed that window – he would’ve perhaps still been here!
We went walking around the block calling to Tigger, hoping he’d come back home. I figured he’d be home by sunset but yet again – nothing. So I decided we have to go round the neighbourhood on Thursday. I call to him every morning and evening, so that if he’s nearby he’d hear me, I’m totally devastated; he’s never gone away whilst I was still around, he once disappeared for a day and a half when I was visiting my family in another province – but this is just ridiculous. I pray God will protect him and show him the way back.
We walked a lot again on Friday; I started getting strong period-like pains. Nothing like I’ve had thus far; so our hopes really went up – thinking that perhaps this could be the very early stages of labour. Could it be that me worrying about Tigger is keeping labour away? I’ve read that stress could sometimes keep labour from progressing since you’re all tense, I try doing my relaxation breathing but how can I put away the concern I have for my missing feline baby.
Mischiff has been taking full advantage of Tigger not being here, she has conquered my belly and taken it over as her territory. It is interesting to see how she has gone from avoiding me  to being all over me – who knows, maybe that’s another sign of impending labour, but when exactly – I don’t know.
The time has finally arrived for mum to go home, and disappointingly enough – Tazlin has still not been born!

No comments:

Post a Comment