Tuesday, March 22, 2011

38 Weeks into my Pregnancy

I’ve been waiting expectantly for baby to come, but she seems rather comfortable where she’s at now. I’m truly hoping and praying that my butterfly would come this week – since my mum will be visiting from the 26th to the 6th of March. I’m getting much more Braxton hicks and I’m sure she’s getting ready to come – other than the Braxton hicks I’m just experiencing heavy discomfort and fatigue, the slight pains of last week is gone – the sister said those could’ve been false labour pains – which I certainly knew because it was simply a discomfort to me and didn’t really hurt.
I tried painting something for Tazlin’s room last week, but I think it’s too dark – it didn’t come out quite as I had hoped. And to top it all off, I spilled a whole lot of turpentine on the lounge carpet – so it reeked for quite a while as if I was painting.
I woke up with a fever blister under my tongue on my gums this morning; I don’t know what that is all about. But I suppose it’s all part of the pregnancy.
We were looking at some pictures last night and I’m really starting to think that I had a quite alright build before I fell pregnant – I just can’t wait to get my pre-pregnancy body back and to be able to fit into my clothes again. But more so I can’t wait until baby’s born, so I can sleep on my back and tummy again and not have this problem of swollen feet and hands that leads to numb fingers. I know I won’t have a proper nights rest in the next few months but at least the sleep I’ll be getting will be worry free except for the worry of my baby waking up.
Oh, it all seems like a dream! I hope Tazlin comes soon!
And just as I thought to be one of the lucky ones not to get kicked in the ribs, it happened; at the most difficult of times, 3:30am as if my sleep wasn’t interrupted enough she had her foot lodged in my side and didn’t matter how I laid it just kept on hurting like hell.
Today was a very lazy day, apart from me trying to sort my books out for studying for my exams; I had a very quiet and peaceful day – topped off with a late afternoon nap. Maybe I can do what I wished to do then tomorrow; make canvasses for Tazlin’s room.

No comments:

Post a Comment