Tuesday, March 22, 2011

39 or 41 Weeks into my Pregnancy

I had these really strong period-like pains Sunday evening and as I went to the loo during the night, I realised that I definitely lost my mucus plug. It’s not at all like that clever white sister explained it to me! It’s not like a type of gel consistency as she said – this looked like gob with blood in it “a lot of gob”!
I’m so excited now! This means that labour can start any day now! I read that normally within three days of the bloody show labour can start, but then again – I also read of woman who lost theirs a week or so before labour. I hope it’s not so with me!
I’m starting to wonder if I haven’t wasted my money by hiring a doula… I mean I seek advice from her and it’s like she can’t answer me so she just rolls over to another topic. I told her about the bloody show and when she thinks I would go into labour, instead of telling me whatever; she simply asked me how far my pains were apart! My word I got so frustrated! It’s like she has no advice for me, and that she’s only there for the labour! I really hope that she’d prove me wrong through all of this; I hope she’s the money’s worth I’m paying.
It almost feels like the Braxton Hicks contractions have lessened since Monday. I’ve had no more pains or discomfort like that of Sunday evening. I’m so exhausted; it feels like my body doesn’t want to go on any more. I get all these ideas of things I want to do; but between the heat and my unwilling body I’m fighting a losing battle.
Every day I wake up; I hope and pray that today will be the day! But nothing has happened thus far.
Looks like Sunday is the day for things to happen! I’ve had strange aches and pains in and around my abdomen again today with almost constant Braxton Hicks Contractions. Maybe something will happen later tonight or early next week. Well, I really hope that little one makes her appearance soon; because I for one cannot wait any more!

No comments:

Post a Comment