Tuesday, March 22, 2011

36 Weeks into my Pregnancy

I’ve been “dying” of tooth ache since Saturday after the pizza we had for lunch. I’ve been taking panado’s and paracetamol coming out my ears and I’m still sitting with this daunting ache. The thing is that the pain shoots itself into the whole right side of my head, from my eye, to my ear, right around to all my other teeth and even into my throat. So basically I’m not a happy camper at this very stage. I’m really wishing baby would come sooner, just so I can have this tooth sorted out.
I’ve started preparing her for when she must come, I tell her the date every day and how many days or sleepies are left until her daddy’s Birthday. Who knows, perhaps she’ll listen and surprise us all by making her grand appearance on Valentine’s Day – I know one thing’s for sure. William would be beside himself if this has to be so!
The Youth is planning a Formal Valentines Dinner for the 19th of February, and they asked that me and William perform a duet; but I told him that if baby is born before then I won’t be going out until at least three weeks after baby’s birth. Now he’s scared that the baby may be pre-mature if it comes before the actual due date. It took some explaining from me to make him realise that baby will come at the right time and will be fine; we’re past the stage of the baby being prem anyway.
I got in contact with my Doula about my follow-up visit to the clinic and it sounds me like she also thinks it might be a February baby. I was concerned about them scheduling my next appointment only in six weeks time from the previous; I thought I’d be going bi-weekly since I’m closer to the due date now. But I suppose everything’s fine. It better be, because if anything has to go wrong with me or baby because of their negligence I’m afraid the government’s going to have to pay for their muck up!
Cardel started giving me off half day since Thursday; I hope this won’t affect my earnings! But they’re good people, I doubt it will. As I’m working more with her, I’m getting to know her better – she’s a really fun person; reminds me a lot off me and Diane, it feels strange; I respect her as my employer but I also see her as a friend.
God has been awesome to bless me with such awesome people as employers, William might also soon have a new job – we pray! He applied for a position also at a packaging company, but it sounds more serious than what he’s got right now and that they might actually deliver on what they promise. We’re hoping and praying that this will be his breakthrough, that this will be his door open from God!
I can’t really tell if I’ve started nesting, since we’ve just moved and such we still have some boxes that needs unpacking and things that needs re-arranging – so I’m mostly busy trying to make sense of things, sorting out boxes and things we need from what we don’t. I’ve been busy in the Nursery/ Guest room and it almost seem liveable, all that still needs fixing is the compactum and the bedding for the cot. Then most of the stuff should be sorted.
I’ve got the baby’s bag sorted out for the hospital, but my bag is still a thousand miles from being sorted. There are still so many things I need for myself for the hospital – I hope I can get it all before it’s time!
We had a braai on Saturday for William’s Birthday and we had quite a good turn-out. I’m sure this was the best birthday he’s had since moving here to PE, most of the friends we invited actually came and we all had a wonderful time together.

No comments:

Post a Comment