Tuesday, March 22, 2011

37 Weeks into my Pregnancy

It felt strange waking up Monday morning and not having to get ready for work. It was Valentine’s Day & William’s Birthday; we were invited to a braai at his step-grandmother’s for his birthday, they had some friends of her husband’s there and they were playing “boeremusiek” Honestly, I did not enjoy the music at all – but William rather enjoyed playing with the old ballies (^^,)
I started washing baby’s clothes, and sorting things out. It’s just that from 3 months up that needs washing now, it feels like I have piles of clothing for baby – but in honest truth I think it’s not that much. I’m starting to wonder if I am in actual fact ever going to have a baby shower for my friends here – I think I should just have organised it myself. I had the show today and that means that labour could start any minute, day or week from now. Maybe we’ll end up having a welcome party for baby instead!
William promised the guys at work that I’d be sending mini doughnuts to work, but honestly – I don’t feel like bothering with that still in this heat. I’m going to another lady from church’s baby shower Tuesday evening and I’ll be making mini doughnuts to take with – I suppose I can make an extra batch for William to take to work then on Tuesday, I could even make the dough and let him make it! I think that sounds like a better idea.
We’ve decided that I should go for my follow up visit Friday morning since I’ve had the show – that’s if baby hasn’t come by then.
So we have been scheduled to sing at Saturday’s Valentine’s dinner, I am working on my dress for then – but if baby comes before then, we’ll only go for the song – shame we can’t totally drop them. At least go do the song and come home, I’m sure William’s mum won’t mind looking after Tazlin for an hour or so; she must just leave her brat dog at home!
I never made the mini doughnuts, not for the baby shower nor for the guys at his work. Man I just don’t feel like it! This hot weather’s driving me insane! I mean if it was a bit cooler I might get more done, but I’m swollen up like a balloon and everything I try ‘n accomplish is more than a mission and a half. I haven’t had any other signs of labour apart from the show on Monday, though I am getting dull period-like pains with my Braxton Hicks and lower backache now and then – but it’s not consistent enough to say “I am officially in labour”. I wish it would just happen already, I’m sure I’d get more done being my old self! It feels like baby could come though, this week – William’s saying she’ll come next week Tuesday, though I don’t know what is so significant about that particular date – maybe he just sensed it in the spirit. Though he did say that he wants baby to come on the 28th when my mum’s here, I think he’s trying to get out of being in the labour ward with me.
That man is so stressed out, honestly – you’d swear he’s going to go through all the pains of labour.
Tonight, Wednesday 16 Feb, we’re having the rehearsal for Saturday’s Valentines Dinner – William says though if baby comes before Saturday there’s no way we’re going anywhere! So much for not wanting to let the people down.
I’m going for my follow up visit tomorrow, coz my Doula contacted me to tell me that their having a pregnancy education week at the clinic tomorrow – so I figured I’ll go for my follow up; then I wouldn’t have to go into town again on Friday.
I saw the white sister again! Somehow I’m starting to dislike her, she never says anything I want to hear, I thought I had my show on Monday but it turns out that it was just part of the mucous plug that came out and not all of it, but she still figures that I’m only 35 weeks pregnant!
Saturday evening was a huge success, and lucky for them – baby didn’t come before then. I experienced though what I thought was nesting on Saturday; but I’m not too sure if that was it. I had this energy to do a whole lot of things I’ve been putting off and it was operation deep clean. I hope this means baby will come soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment