Saturday, January 22, 2011

31 Weeks into my pregnancy

We left Monday morning 7:25am on our way to Christiana to go visit William’s granddad for a day – this three hour drive almost felt just as long as our 12hour drive coming from PE, but that I suppose was only because of the hot weather we were driving in and our lovely car that has no aircon!
It was nice seeing his grandparents again, but I could barely sleep that night with the humidity in our room – though I took a cold shower before bedtime, it did me no good. We were up early again Tuesday morning to get ready for the road ahead but we left just after six when the sun was already out with its hot rays. The journey waiting ahead was not as long as the one we endured on our way to visit but it was in the heat of the day and when we got to our second last stop – three hours away from home, I thought that I couldn’t endure it any longer. But somewhere I got the strength and guts to get back into the hot car to continue our journey home.
We got home at about 3pm and oh how happy we were to know we’re only seconds away from rest. But, we didn’t have the house keys with us and nobody were home, so off we went into the holiday traffic to go fetch the keys from William's mum in Walmer Park shopping centre. They still wanted us to stay and chat and what not but after about half an hour and the espresso William had at the shop I told him we gotta leave as I’m falling asleep.
When we finally got home, my bed became my best friend and all my worries “disappeared” when I laid my head on that pillow! It felt so good to be back home, on my own bed – even though it had only been a week, it felt like forever since I’ve seen my two feline babies Mischif and Tigger.
Mischif had taken over Johan’s bed at night – which she normally does to visitors we get. But Tigger has taken his place back at mommy and daddy’s feet at night and sometimes when he feels cold or in need of a cuddle he’ll crawl into my arms and sleep there for a while.
We had a midnight service this Friday, and afterwards all the youth went to pastor’s house for fellowship and a swim. Well, with baby or not I didn’t even touch that water – coz I was just cold anyhow and didn’t see the need in cooling down more, though William and some of the youth had other ideas. Their silliness finally lead to William getting hurt in the pool. He got tackled into the shallow end of the pool, hit rock bottom and got out hurt. I initially thought it was his ribs and already started thinking of what Dr’s costs we’re going to have to carry but thanks be to God that it was only a slight muscle sprain.
Today he’s as fit as a fiddle, and I’m just glad we don’t have to fork out extra for Doctors and x-rays and the works.
I started sorting the baby stuff out this week, we set up the cot pa made and everything fits nicely into it. I can just thank God for how he has provided for us thus far and how everything is coming together slowly but surely! Thank you Father God

No comments:

Post a Comment