Saturday, January 22, 2011

30 Weeks into my pregnancy

We got to Nigel (Gauteng) just after 1pm Monday afternoon. We were totally exhausted but happy to see the family – we went to greet mum and pa first since we wouldn’t be sleeping over there I thought it best to go say hi there first. After about half an hour’s visit (it was so short coz we needed some sleep) we went on to go say hi to Will’s step-mum but she had closed the business early already and his brother wasn’t home either. So we drove past his Gran’s house and she happened to be home, we visited a bit there waiting for Johan (Will’s brother) as he was on his way to his Gran’s as well. We were there for about an hour when we decided to leave as the effects of the trip really started to hit hard on us now – we were invited to Dinner with them, so we left to go to Adolf (my brother)’s house where we were going to sleep over at most of the time.
We finally got there and to my surprise William ended up playing xbox and ps3 games with Adolf, I decided that I needed a nap since I didn’t get any real sleep on the road and couldn’t supplement myself with energy tonics since I’m pregnant.
The week in Gauteng was harsh on my pregnant body, but I think the long trip also had its finger in the pie. I had scankles most of the week, with the hot weather and running around between the family but the worst day was Christmas day when I woke up with swollen ankles, agh! It was terrible, my feet wouldn’t fit into any shoe so I turned Dutchman for a day – running around pregnant and barefoot! Hah!
We really enjoyed Christmas with my family but it would’ve been better had Granny and Grandpa been there. They preferred to spend their Christmas the same they’ve spent it for the past 10years – at the German Old Age Home, where nothing ever changes. We were all really disappointed at that since we might not have that chance to spend Christmas as a family together like that again, but ah well – you can’t force a person now can you!
Sunday morning we took mum and pa to Wimpy for breakfast to say thank you for helping with petrol money and the cot pa made for our little girl – yip we now know for sure that it’s a little girl, for last week I had three dreams in a row about baby- & toddler girls and my sister-in-law paid for us to go to a Dr. in Nigel for another ultrasound and there we saw it – two little lines on the scan! Though the Dr. said it’s a boy – he said the same to my sister-in-law and they had a little girl, and with Diane (my eldest sis)’s daughter she also had two little stripes indicating ... that she’s a girl! So we’re waiting on Tazlin to make her grand entrance into this world – whilst in the mean time I’m growing out of my clothes and am now worried if I’ll have anything to wear when returning to work!

No comments:

Post a Comment