Sunday, October 31, 2010

19 Weeks into my pregnancy

This week was so boring I thought I could die. At least baby kept me company with his kicks and punches.
My two cats seem to want to be all over me whenever they get the chance, I truly hope that jealousy won’t kick in once baby arrives; coz they have been our babies thus far, Mischiff (female) for 3years and Tigger (Mischiff’s son) for 2years. I’m scared that Mischiff might smother our baby, for she loves lying on top of a person and she might just try that with baby, and Tigger gets nervous around other animals and small children, so I’m not quite sure what to expect from him. To prevent Mischiff’s smothering, I’ve decided to make a net cover for the cot and to always be alert with the pets around baby and I’ll just pray that Tigger doesn’t get aggressive or runs away for either actions would break my heart.
The strength of baby’s movements is really astounding! By simply placing my hand over my abdomen “no more pressing down” I can feel his kicks! I had William feel, but once again baby didn’t want to move with daddy’s hand there!
Baby was even “dancing” to the classical music I played earlier this week, he was moving so much whilst the music was playing that I actually thought that he was dancing – I can’t help but to be a bit concerned though, is it possible for a baby’s ears to hurt when playing high pitched music in utero... I’d have to look that up!
William finally felt baby move! 30 Oct. 10, I don’t know what he expected but like it usually is, the kick was soft to the touch – but strong inside. He seemed happy, yet disappointed; did he then expect to feel a black belt karate chop? Or a footballer’s kick ... the baby’s roughly 15cm long ... how hard do you expect such a small person to kick! Hee-hee!
We’re having a banquet at church Saturday evening and I’m wondering if they’ll contact me for help with the decorations, I volunteered for it the week before the threatened miscarriage, agh, who knows maybe they won’t. We’ll just have to see – I’d hate to just show up and enjoy the feast ... we’re new to the church in any event but I’d love to help wherever I can, I don’t just want to be an onlooker from a shelf!
The evening at the church banquet was surprisingly enjoyable, they ended up never contacting me earlier for help, but it seems as though they came right without me. We each got a mask and at the end of the dinner, which was a three course meal; those who felt in them to lay down the mask as a symbol of laying down troubles and difficulties in their lives would do so. I laid down my mask representing financial struggles and failures in life! We had an awesome testimony as well, this one young woman had been sitting at home for months without a job; she decided to ask God for an opportunity to succeed. In the week that followed she was screened for a high ranking position as a “Fashion Guru” for Urban wear etc. From having nothing and perhaps no hope; God has lifted her up and placed her high in this industry. Our God is so amazing, and that just got me all exited again. I mean if God could do that for her, who only has her own cares to worry about, how much more will He provide for me who is now carrying a special gift from Him within me!
“I’m waiting on You Lord, to give me a breakthrough High above my expectations!” – Amen
I don’t care what other’s might do or say, yes; I don’t have a high class fancy life with lots of money and earthly possessions, but my God has a plan greater than this for me and I know it. For if we walk by Faith and not by Sight; that is when the true blessings of God flows down upon us!

No comments:

Post a Comment