Sunday, October 31, 2010

18 Weeks into my pregnancy

Me at 12 weeks of Pregnancy


Baby’s movements are definitely getting stronger each day, I can actually feel the movements if I press down on my lower abdomen. I can’t wait for William to feel it; maybe he’ll feel it this week.
He’s been calling home more this week, just to see if I am doing okay and that I’m not doing anything that would endanger baby. I got scolded when he got home because I moved things around in my kitchen; the table and the tumble drier, he was furious – but I understand. He doesn’t want us to lose this baby!
I made fudge on Tuesday, 19 Oct, which I’m going to sell. I burnt my upper lift when I got a dollop on a teaspoon to taste – it hurt quite a bit – but I’m still here! Saturday morning when I woke-up I caught the fright of my life when I looked in the mirror! My lip was deformed; I had a lip like the back of Kwazimodo (The hunchback of Notre-Damme) the burnt wound turned into what seemed to be a fever blister, oh wow! Exactly what I needed to complete all the strange things happening during pregnancy!
I had William press down on my abdomen trying to feel the baby move, but as soon as he would place his hand there the baby would stop moving! I tried all sorts of things; from drinking ice-cold juice to playing music to the baby! Baby just flat out refuses to kick for daddy; William’s a bit down because of that – I hope he doesn’t think the baby’s rejecting him! I keep assuring him that he’ll feel the baby’s movements soon enough, I truly hope he does – but he will eventually!
He has commissioned me to play classical music to the baby every day. I don’t know if the kicks I get are him trying to get the music to stop or him enjoying the different sounds. Baby kicks when Tigger (Our male cat) lies over my stomach purring, perhaps it’s his way of trying to get the noise away – I wonder if it’s the same with the music...
I believe we are having a boy, for I’ve been having dreams about baby boys before I even knew I was pregnant; I even thought my friend were going to have a little boy as her baby didn’t want to show during the ultrasounds, but it turned out to be a little girl. So that brings me to the conclusion of us expecting a baby boy. For some reason, William thinks we are having a little girl – I truly don’t know why, so does his mother. But he’s starting to doubt it, I don’t know if it is because I’m so sure of it being a boy or what. But be it a boy or a girl, I’ll love our baby never the less! This baby is a special gift from God, and God knows what we need is more important than what we want.
I feel so guilty for we haven’t even bought anything for the baby as yet, except for the pram and car seat still in lay-buy. I’ve gotten stuff from my sister and my brother’s wife and my dad’s making a wooden cot for our baby, I just wish I could go out and get everything my heart desired for baby! But that might be a problem, as we might just run out of space – ha! So I suppose its fine.
I have been quite immobile this week as I’m following the Dr’s orders to sleep and eat, though I’m doing a bit more than that – I mean someone’s got to do the cleaning – luckily it’s minimal. I’m worried though, I’ve been more hungry this past week than before, and the fact that I quit my exercises coz of Dr’s orders I’m afraid I might gain ugly weight! I’ve already gained too much weight in my first three months and I fear that without exercise and my heightened hunger I’m going to become huge!
I weigh and measure myself at the start of each pregnancy week, which falls on a Sunday. I was expecting a minimum weight gain of 2kg this week, but to my surprise it was the same as last week – when I was active. Only 100g, weight gain this week, with all that eating? phew! What a relief, I just hope next week will be the same. I only have one more week of taking it easy to go, then I’ll be able to take up exercising again (^^,) 

No comments:

Post a Comment