Friday, October 29, 2010

Even before we got married I just wanted to have my own special little person, I wanted to be a momma since I knew William was my soul mate!

FFW-6yrs later...

17 July 2010
I'm suspecting that I might be pregnant but I have done so many times before only to be disapointed by the arrival of Aunt Flow.
I had to buy tissue oil for a burn I got on my hand two days ago-so I used that as an excuse to go buy two pregnancy tests.

My breasts have been quite tender for a few days already and today Aunt Flow's late by two days-can it be? ...

I got home with the tests & tissue oil. I locked myself in the bathroom as I don't want any disturbance by our female cat,who always feels the need to open closed doors.
I followed the steps on the pack to the T-I didn't even have a chance to take a breath when two blue lines appeared on both tests-POSITIVE-I had to take a moment to collect myself. Closing my eyes & opening them again to see the four blue lines.
I was now shaking uncontrolibly from both excitement & fear; for I didn't know what William was going to say about this! Just the week before when I had asked him when we're gonna start trying for a baby,he told me clearly that we are not ready right now-maybe next year.
I had to tell him,but what do I say...but first I had to phone my mum&sister for I had promised them before that I'll let them know before anyone.
Mum was sleeping when I phoned,she must've worked night shift (nursing) and Diane didn't answer either one of her phones,coz they were in her car and they were at some party-is what she told me later on. I was quite disapointed-I wanted her more than anything to be excited and happy with me at that very moment.
I decided not to tell William,for I couldn't find the words-so I simply walked up to him and showed him the two positive tests.

He looked at me blankly,then the words dripped out: "What does that mean?" I simply said: "I'm pregnant!" and started sobbing. He held me in his arms and asked: "But I thought that was what you wanted..." still crying but laughing in between I replied: "But I don't know if it is what you want!". He held me closer and told me it was going to be ok and that it's fine,just then his mother walked past and me crying in William's arms caught her attention. He simply told her that we're expecting,she was DUMB STRUCK! I showed her the two tests and all she said was: "It could be wrong,you should take another in two weeks".

I was mad at her for this, she has always in the past made comments to William, like "If you have children now-I'll write you off" and now this!

I made an appointment with my Dr. for the next monday; another urine test in the surgery and a blood test confirmed that we are in fact expecting. There was no denying it now for mother-in-law,she should be happy that her first grandchild comes from us and not one of her other two unmarried children!

She finally came to the realisation that this is how it is going to be and there's no changing it! She finally also started sharing in the excitement of our little blessing on the way (^^,)

No comments:

Post a Comment