Saturday, November 20, 2010

20 Weeks into my pregnancy

At the age of 9 I broke my coccyx for the first time. "Yes, there was a second-" I was climbing a tree in my Aunt's garden when my foot slipped and I fell to the branch below from where I was, luckily I didn't fall to the ground as I can think of more than just my neck that would've been broken - "mum's heart". Then about a year later I got this purple and yellow basketball I'd been nagging my mum for - been having lots of fun with it at school, except for the part where I was balancing myself on it; some girl in class thought it'd be funny to see me flat on my ass after she kicked from under me...
13 Years later...it's not so funny anymore. The first fracture to my coccyx was not as severe, I think I would've gone up until now without knowing it was ever fractured; but the second fracture put the cherry on top. My Dr. thén, told us that the fracture would most likely not heal and if it gives any problems they'd have to remove it. He also mentioned that it might pose a problem whilst giving birth; though I was only 10 at the time, I suppose he had to cover all basis.
For the past three or so months I've had severe discomfort in that area, of the coccyx. I have come to think that perhaps it never healed properly and now with me being pregnant it just flared it up again.
I think I might be getting over this "test" we're dealing with. Whereas others in the same situation would be bickering and clawing at each other's hair about their financial strain, I simply feel an overpowering calmness in my soul. i just know that we are going to come out stronger in the end!
I started my exercise programme again on monday. But I'm taking it slow, though it feels pointless at this rate! After all - it's said to have it's advantages for both baby and mum; should help me get back into my pre-pregnancy shape and baby should turn out "fit" and would stand a lower risk of weight problems and obesity later in life.
Monday, well it was a real Monday! We got "wonderfull" news - we got two months notice to move out of the house we are sharing with the in-laws. As if having financial strain wasn't bad enough, now this. "Oh, life's a breeze!" (^^,)  Why am I smiling? ... Because this, all this is simply a test of faith and I know my God won't bring us to a situation if He's not going to help us through it! It's all about Faith and putting your full trust in The Almighty!
I experienced some cramping in my abdomen - on the right just under my rib cage and down lower on the left. I got these sever Monday evening and mildly on Tuesday and Wednesday. I was really worried that baby would be fine, but he seemed untouched; as he was moving like always still. The Sisters at the clinic told me not to worry as it is the muscles stretching out, due to the growing uterus and baby. Which is usually the case with first time pregnancies.
Wednesday morning I woke up with a strange pulsing just under my bust, at first I thought it was the baby but then I realised it must've been a twitching nerve since the uterus isn't even that big yet. William laid his head on my stomach to listen to the baby move inside - and he said he could swear he heard the baby's heart beat.  I can't help but wonder, if my time isn't maybe out... I mean how was it possible for me to have felt baby move from so early on and they are only going to see if they can pick up the baby's heart rate with my next visit to the clinic, which will be at (26 weeks), I mean William felt the baby move last week, at 19 weeks - whereas most dad's only get to feel their baby's movements from 23 weeks, or maybe we really just have a very strong and special baby!
I've been assured that it's safe for me to continue exercising - which makes me so glad! As I'm gaining more weight than I'd like - but most of it in the right places. I'm just glad that I don't have to take care as though I'm a porcelain doll - Praise be to God for good health and a healthy baby. I can't wait to see if we're having a boy or girl (^^,)
Thursday I got a response on an advertisement I placed, looking for a part-time job. I'm sure it's God sent, I'm going for an interview this Tuesday. They know that I'm pregnant and the lady wanting to hire me has a 4-week old baby, so I think she knows how tough it is. I just thank God for this, already. I have faith that the interview on Tuesday is going to be a confirmation interview because she's already speaking like I've got the position - I can't wait to start!
We went to the Warriors vs. Knights Cricket game Friday evening with tickets William won through Kingfisher FM. It was great fun, even baby enjoyed it "kicked quite a bit" though the team we were rooting for lost, we didn't stay until the end, for William was disappointed and knew what the outcome would be and I was getting uncomfortable in those stadium chairs - but I must say, I had a good time!

No comments:

Post a Comment