Saturday, November 20, 2010

21 Weeks into my pregnancy

According to the baby development chart, baby is developing eyebrows, eyelashes and head hair this week. I get heartburn quite bad after eating every now and then, I suppose it’s because my stomach is all crammed into a little space. A friend of mine said there’s an old wives tale that claims if you suffer from heartburn, your child will have thick hair. I think it’d be strange if our child doesn’t have thick hair, both me and Will has thick hair. I wonder what our baby will look like; it’s funny; how we have the same idea of what we want our children to look like. We both want them to have my dark hair and his blue eyes, whether boy or girl.
So I went for the interview on Tuesday and it really seemed to go off well. She said she’ll phone me Wednesday to discuss things with me. I never got a call from her, and even though I’ve had faith thus far I couldn’t help but to look at it from a human’s perspective and I started doubting that there was even a possibility of me getting the job. I refused to believe that this was the way it was going to be, I pleaded with God to forgive my disbelief and that I don’t want the enemy to win because of it. After my crying and praying, I sent an e-mail requesting the outcome of the interview. I thought; perhaps they’ve just had another tough day with their 4week old colicky baby and she perhaps forgot to phone.
It turned out that I did in fact get the job and am starting work on Monday the 15th, though it’s only a one month contract for now – I’m sure they’ll sign me another contract in the New Year. I believe that greater things are yet to come, for I am carrying a blessing from the most High God within me!
My waist has expanded exponentially this week and I’m afraid that I’m gaining more weight than I should, but as long as both me and baby are healthy, I’m happy. The only problem is, finding something to wear, so I have to take it upon myself to make myself clothes to fit my new physique, don’t want to stretch my entire wardrobe out and then end up being depressed after the birth.
My new employers are very considerate to my situation, I mean – I’m getting a job and I can still go to Gauteng to visit my family a week for Christmas. How many people do you think would do that, they are practically arranging working conditions to suit my needs, now if that isn’t the hand of God working; then I don’t know!
Sunday evening it felt like baby was doing yoga, it was quite amazing! William was particularly surprised with the feeling of baby’s foot pressing so hard against my abdomen, it’s quite something else if you’ve only felt little kicks (^^,). It’s only a matter of time before baby’s going to wake us at night with its movements – I’m hoping that we’ll be able to go see next week whether we’re expecting a boy or girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment